Jan 22, 2014

day 3: going back to high school in Japan


        On my 3rd day in Japan, I am waking up early to school!!! It's exciting to go to school in another country, seeing different uniforms, classrooms... Awesome. Usually I'll wake up by myself every morning, but I guess the day before I slept a little late...and so that morning it was schooling day and yet I woke up late. My host mother's sister woke up me up haha,

"Pris-chan" *knock* *knock*

"Haiiiiii" *wakes up*

Okay! *laughs*

My host mother's sister is a funny woman. Her name is Miki and she's a great cook.


First class, English! Their teacher came from America. That day we were making Christmas cards.



Here is their gym. As I step out of class, the hallways are cold. We walk ran to the gym because the coldness at the hallways was unbearable and also because we were late. That was one of the coldest day as well. And in the gym, there wasn't a heater. The only heater they can depend on was their warming up exercise. It was freaking cold!


The students all wear slippers in school! Something you don't see in Malaysia. It's way cleaner definitely. They also have different slippers in the toilets. For the gym, you leave your slippers outside and change into your sports shoe. I didn't have any slippers, so I just remove my shoes outside of the gym and the gym teacher was kind enough to remove his slippers he wore in the gym for me. That was very sweet of him :) I didn't stay long in the gym because it was really cold, I was shivering from head to toe, I couldn't stay still because it was really really cold. A teacher then asked me if I would like to go to another class because it is very cold in the gym. So the next class I went to was Maths class.


Maths class. I just want you guys to notice something, look at the teacher's writing, so neat! Can't believe he wrote all that, and he didn't even use a ruler. Neatness (Y)


It was my first day there so there was a teacher always accompanying, but at times he wouldn't be there. The teachers take time to switch places. During maths class, the teacher accompanying me was real cute. He kept translating the lesson to me, I was given a copy of that day's lesson as well. His English wasn't really good neither do my Japanese, and whenever I ask him something, all of the students will turn around and then tease the sensei lol. I didn't understand what the students were saying but then the sensei ask them turn back to the front haha.

And the photo above is me introducing myself. Whenever I go to a new class, I'll either introduce myself before or after the class and also tell everyone a little bit regarding Malaysia.

School in Japan starts from 8am til 5pm in the evening. Usually I'll just attend a few classes that the school arrange for me and then I'll go home.




After school, my host mother came to pick me up from school. And we went to get some groceries for obasaan (grandmother) and also lunch. This food is call kaitenyaki! The filling is angko, it's sweet. Not chocolate, at first I thought it was a chocolate filling. For the white one, I don't know what is that.




Takoyaki!




This was the onsen place I went yesterday. Apparently, I left my bottle there and so my host mother called the onsen place to retrieve it the next day. So here we are.




while waiting for okaashan...



Groceries shopping. Miso miso miso miso beef carrot.




Acoop supermarket.





Done with groceries shopping! Time for lunch!




ひるごはんHirugohan (lunch). Kaitenyaki, okonomiyaki and rice.


For some reasons I was quite tired and so I fell into a deep sleep with Ai-chan at home under the kotatsu.


A kotatsu. And no, that is not me. I got it from the web because I didn't snap a photo of it.


Here's another photo from the web. So under the kotatsu is a heater. That's why people feel very warm under the kotatsu and they spend most of the time under. I love the kotatsu. Oh and replace the cat with Ai-chan. Sometimes Ai-chan's paws will get cold as well and she whines at me as a signal for me to open the kotatsu to let her go under and get warm haha.


Around 5pm, my host brother and sister came home. And that evening we went to a place something like a lucky draw sort of stuff. You basically spin the wheel and a ball will fall out and then base on the colour of the ball, you'll get coupons that represents money that you can exchange it for gifts next time.




I spun out a green ball while he spun out a blue ball. So I got more than him!
And introducing my host brother, Kazuki! My host sister, Moeka went too but she went off real fast after that because of her piano class.


After that, we went to pick up Daigo(my another host brother) from the nursery.







Ahh so cute. I want to go back to nursery.





Remember him? You've saw him in the first post. He's like a ojisaan to me, reminds me of ah gong back in Malaysia. He often pays me a visit at my host's home. This is him with his lorry that he said is the latest model, haha so I asked him to pose with his brand new lorry.




For dinner, we had curry. Never get to taste Japanese curry in Malaysia before so it was my first time tasting it. I also helped my host mother to cook.


And a salad for the side dish. Yumsssss! The curry wasn't spicy and it have lots of potatoes! Delicious!


There  goes day three.


Til then, see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at prisong@live.com I'll reply as soon as possible!