Oct 19, 2011

3 Days off!

Hi my dear cupcakes!
I'm back from my vacation! Miss me? I know you do HAHA.


Well, where have I been in these 3 days? I went to Penang with my family for 3days 2nights. It was a food expedition! That means eat, eat, eat, eat and eat!

We started our journey at 7am. On the way to Penang, we passed by Ipoh. Ipoh is known as a food heaven too! So of course we stopped by there to fill our hungry stomach. My sister searched the internet a day before for the top 5 restaurants in Ipoh. We went to one of the top 5 only.

#3;
Restaurant Foh San
51 Jalan Leong Sin Nam, Kampung Jawa, 30300 Ipoh, Perak
Tel: (605) 254-0308 Fax: (605) 253-5432


I was quite impressed with the looks of the restaurant. Maybe because I didn't see any other restaurants like this in Malaysia yet. I felt like I was in Hong Kong or China.



Dim sum. 

  • Bottom left: Siu mai. The taste is really unique. Different from the one I usually eat in KL.
  • Botom right: It's covered with pandan leaf. The pandan smell is really strong which makes it tastier. Must try!
  • Centre left: This is steamed with all kinds of chinese herbs. I forgot what was it called.
  • Centre right: Ha gao. The skill of folding this ha gao is really awesome. There's 2/3 prawns in it!
  • Top left: A type of hand made fish ball. The texture is really something. Thumbs up!
  • Top right: Some kind of ha gao but using a different type of skin to roll it up.


Pau
RM1.60 each
Same price as KL's but even bigger! 


I forgot what was this called. But it contains lots of 九菜 which smells so good. The sauce was unique too!
I think the sauce contains a bit of wasabi! :O

Chee Cheong Fun


This chee cheong fun is so smooth! It's a different style of chee cheong fun. This one have soy sauce and shallots. I usually eat the ones that have the sweet sauce and curry. So this is something new to me.


The interior. The workers were never free.

There's a take away counter too. So cute :D

Apple Ong hugging me close :*